Airworthiness Certificates are FAA documents which grant authorization to operate an aircraft in flight.
There are two overall classifications of FAA airworthiness certificates: Standard Airworthiness Certificate and Special Airworthiness Certificate.
Standard and Special Airworthiness Certificates are further broken down into several sub-categories.
The Special Airworthiness Certificate includes the sub-categories "Experimental" and "Light-Sport" which are also broken down into several sub-categories.
Avemco insures many make/models of aircraft in the following classifications/categories:
- Amateur-Built (Example: Kit / Plans Built)
- Exhibition (Example: Factory-Built Imports)
- Light-Sport (Example: Amateur-Built meeting LSA Definition)
- Airplane (Example: Factory-Built LSA)
- Glider (Example: Factory-Built LSA)